How many times have you seen those amazing pictures of "simple" recipes come across your Facebook feed or show up in your Pinterest feed? For me it is almost a daily occurance. Well there is no time like the present to try out a few of them!
School mornings are hectic. All to often our kids get out the door after having nothing more than a cold bowl of cereal or some Poptarts and milk. Yes, I am VERY guilty of this! For the next few weeks I will be scouring my Facebook feeds and Pinterest boards for some simple, quick recipes that we busy parents can whip up quick for our kiddos. The goal.... put a smile on their face and a nice meal in their tummys before rushing them out the door to school. Oh and maybe, just maybe, getting that "Parent of the Year " award.
Today's recipe..... French Toast Rollups.
What you will need:
3 slices of bread (with crust removed) 1 egg (beaten) 3 Tbl cream cheese (softened) 2 Large Strawberries (chopped) 1 roling pin 1 small skillet 1 Tbl Coconut Oil (or your choice) 1/2 cup granulated Sugar 2 Tbl Ground Cinnamon
1. With the rolling pin, lightly flatten out each slice of bread. When you are finished you should have a nice rectangle shape.
2. Spread each slice of bread with cream cheese. Make sure to get to the edges as this will help to "seal" the roll.
3. Place about 2 tsps of chopped strawberries at one end of the bread.
4. Roll up using the example in step #3 and gently press the edges together so that it stays rolled.
5. Heat oil of choice in a small skillet on medium heat. Place roll ups in heated oil with seam side down. Gently turn in skillet until all sides are a golden brown.
6. Remove from skillet and immeadiately roll in Cinnamon Sugar mixture.
7. Optional step: garnish with whipped cream and any remaining strawberries.
This recipe got raving reviews from our teen, I hope your kids love it too!